2.12.2010

February 12, 2010

White Dog was prepared this morning. She shared breakfast with Michael and hurried him to get his shoes on and back pack gathered. Steve was hustled along as he gathered car keys, wallet, and phone. When everyone was ready for the trip to school, White Dog announced that no one was going ANYWHERE without her! She had no intention of sending Michael to spend his day at a place she had not even seen much less given her approval to! She sat in the doorway until Steve relented and said she could ride along; she was the first one into the car. When she returned, White Dog reported that the high school had passed her inspection: it was clean, there were lots of windows, outdoor spaces were well kept, and the people seemed friendly. She gave Michael permission to attend and encouraged him to do well there.

Later in the day as she lay on the bed watching me paint for the first time in what seems like a million days, White Dog tapped my knee. I stopped and looked at her. "Am I doing OK," she asked? "I mean, helping Michael feel like he's one of us?" "Oh, Sweet White Dog!" I replied putting down the brush and coming over to stroke her. "You are better than just OK, you are the best!" I buried my face in her ruff and almost did not hear her reply. "Thanks," she said, "I just needed you to tell me because sometimes it is hard."

9 comments:

Hansel said...

glad everything is going well! We have been thinking of you guys! (btw, our dad just friended you guys on facebook- so look for the name!)

Cappy the Eskie said...

Hi Siku – adjustments are hard, but it appears that you are doing a fine job. It took me 6 months before I finally got along with Oliver. Mom had to keep my toys separate and wash them if they had the *Oliver smell*.

I’m glad that you like the *Eskie White* afghan and treats. You can shed all you like because it’s a camouflage blanket.

Hugs and yips
Cappy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We bet it is hard, and not just for Siku. But the rewards will be so powerful and phenomenal. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Yes WD!

ALL of WOO are doing a pawesome job!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Thank woo fur the special surprise today! It will akhkhompany Mom on Sunday's transport! This weekend's transport has been dedikhated to the furries waiting 'khross The Bridge...plus Mom also has another special dedikhation too!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Siku, your mom is right - you are better than ok - you are amazing. I know how hard this whole change of routine has been for you and your mom and dad, but I guess that's why we love you all so much - you are truly very special people to do what you do.

I know you made me feel so welcomed and wanted when I was at your house. I bet Michael feels the same. He is the lucky one.

Love and eskie kisses my BFF,
Prinnie

Teddy Bear said...

Oh, Siku, you ARE the best! I just know that Michael appreciates all your love and support. How very cool that you got to accompany him on his ride to school this morning. Are you going to supervise as he does homework too?:) We can't wait to see your Mom's masterpiece.

Love,
Teddy Bear

Suka said...

hey Siku Marie,

I am continually impressed by your patience, kindness, and huge heart! Micheal is a very special boy to have such an awesome doggy helping him and protecting him. As your very smart mom said, you are the best!

I can understand how sometimes it is hard, and every animal and human needs to hear words of support, encouragement, and praise. So know that you are much loved and much admired for all you do! And please, make sure you take care of yourself too. Micheal and your family need you to be healthy and strong.

Suka

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I think it is hard for you al but you are doing so well. There would be no other way with all the love that is going around.. Hugs GJ xx

Suka said...

hey Siku Marie,

Are you getting ready for your big "Gotcha Day" tomorrow? My stomach has been growling for the Cuban food you mentioned. That sounds so tasty! I bet you can't wait! Looking forward to hearing all about the festivities, and the very yummy yummy food!

Suka