11.16.2014

November 15, 2014

White Dog was helping me at the computer. Puff was curled on the pink nap rug at the end of my desk. Behind me on the comfy dog bed Bella lay chewing on the momma turtle toy as Zsofia cuddled against her and batted at the baby turtles.

It was just we girls.

Jupiter, Candace's little old partially blind papillon girl waddled in through the dog door and joined us at my side. And so it was for quite some time, the gentle just-being-together peace that comes when women are joined in a common task...like quilting or baking, or in our case, tending to the tasks of the upcoming auction for Paws To People.

Then Sachi came charging in, newly awake from wherever he was napping. He threw down the teething bone in front of Zso...their signal of a challenge to wrestle. The Darker White Dog looked at Bella and nuzzled her ear...

...then she grabbed the bone and went chasing Sachi to start the game.

3 comments:

TimberLove said...

Happy wooooos furiends!

Nuk

Random Felines said...

yep - the peace never last long around here either.... MOL

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I call that an interesting life!
love
tweedles