10.16.2020

October 15, 2020

 White Dog smiled. "I understand," she said. "Opal wants to be close to you when you sleep but knows not to rest where you may need to put your feet down."

I looked at White Dog skeptically. "In the bedroom we have all kinds of comfortable beds and mattresses that are not filled at bedtime plus Zsofia often shares her sleeping crate with Opal or Bailey if they want to cuddle. And all of those spots are close to me. And not so spartan as sleeping on the hard floor."

White Dog leaned against my leg. "And Opal does retire to one of the beds or the sofa in the living room once everyone else is awake. Remember, she grew up sleeping on wire. 

"You are very lucky to have such a caregiver. It might not make sense but it makes Opal feel safe and loved if she is keeping you safe and loved. It is a gift to her if you receive what she does graciously. You always taught me that it is important to receive as selflessly as you give."  


No comments: