10.25.2021

October 24, 2021

White Dog explained to the White Dog Army, "our cell phone carrier sent momma a personal note begging her to upgrade her ancient flip phone. They said she was the last person in the United States, maybe in the world, with such an antique and that they could no longer promise to keep it rinning, which is funny because she NEVER uses it. Anyway, dad talked her into entering this century and look what arrived today. The phone company was SO happy that they had it delivered on Sunday!"

White Dog is correct, not that momma went willingly into the flashing allure of the future. I made Steve "program" it as simply as possible: contact list; show me how to make general calls, retrieve and delete messages; and yes, give me the simplest way to use the camera. 

On my own, I figured out how to call Steve's phone (he was pretty surprised at that call), and managed to take about 50 shots of the ceiling, my foot, the commode.

"You can practice on us, momma," the WDA told me. "Just shoot and throw away those ones that are not perfect.." "Try me first," said Roman who settled regally into his crate. "Don't worry, I won't move a muscle."
Zsofia gave me a tip. "Dad does a stretchy pinching thing on the screen to get closer. Try that."
Bailey sat in front of me but kept trying to slap the camera button. So after a dozen wild angles, out of focus frames, and shots of nothing I got frustrated and put the thing back in its docking silo. "Next time, Opal, when it is just you and me, we can practice. Until then Dad is still the family photo king."



1 comment:

24 Paws of Love said...

You aren't the last one...Mark still has a flip phone! lol