11.25.2021

November 25, 2021

White Dog looked around the room. "That was a tremendous meal! Thanks, everyone having a part in making it an extra special dinner. Before we have pumpkini custard and whipped cream, I would like us to focus our White Dog Army energy on gratitude and hope." 

She smiled at me, "Yes, momma your favorite word. We planned this as a special surprise for you; our thanks for your endless supply of both. We are going to each share something for which we are very grateful...and also something we hope will get better. Sort of paying forward to the Universe our positivity in hopes of making the world better. I am going to go first...

"I am thankful, even though it sometimes is overwhelming, that I did not grow up an only child. What I have felt and learned never could have happened if it had just been me. I hope the day will come when EVERY creature feels even a fraction of the love I do."

Zsofia: "Thank the Universe for dad! He makes our lives almost perfect. I hope that everyone has someone like him to solve problems, go on walks with, and  share treats."

Roman: "I know I do not say it enough or very well, but I am always grateful that this family took a chance on feral, reactive me and even after I did something horrible did not give up on me. I want each being in the world to have a champion; someone who believes in them."

Opal: "I give thanks for being accepted and loved for who I am. Everyone here and all our friends never push me to go one walks or be outgoing; they want me to be the best ME I can be. I hope that someday it is acceptable to be different.

Bailey: "I am thankful for momma and her way of taking the time every day to hug me, thank me for being here, and for letting me know I am her 'Bailey Girl.' Someday I hope that we all in the world learn to cooperate rather than compete."

Steve: "I am thankful for being able to wake up every day to the sounds of yips and warm tongue laps from my beautiful family. I am hopeful for a day where no dog goes without a loving home."

I heard a soft voice mutter, "I hope dad does not mean they all move in with us; THAT would be a heck of an Army."

"Thank you for thinking up this incredible surprise," I sniffed back tears. "We ARE amazingly blessed and mine is a life of miracles and wonder. I am above all, grateful to dad and to each of you. I am grateful for those of the WDA who have crossed the Bridge as well for each of you has filled my heart and taught me something valuable. My hope is that every creature be safe, fed, warm, free from despair, and loved; that each has a small flame glowing in their soul...a spark of hope. 

"Now lets pile on the whipped cream and see just how good the custard is."

And then hopefully a full-tummy nap

To all of you, for whom we are ALL most grateful, we hope yours was a celebration of loved ones, togetherness, and joy...and please, take a minute of quiet to send your positivity out into a world that is so dark for so many. 

No comments: