12.09.2022

December 9, 2022

 


We've been going to bed earlier and getting up earlier recently. There have been few White Dog Army complaints at night, especially since they receive bedtime treats a little earlier. Mornings have been a little less appreciated. After I arose and took a shower, I came back to find Lilly and Diva sleeping soundly on the bed. 

As I dressed, Lilly raised her head slowly and asked me, "Dad, is it alright if we sleep here until breakfast? The sun is just coming up and it's cold this morning. Please tell us when it's time for breakfast because we wouldn't want to miss that." "Well, girls, you can stay here as long as you like, but I suspect that as soon as I start making noise in the kitchen, I won't need to call you. You'll both spring to attention and come running from the room."

Indeed, when I began breakfast preparation, the entire White Dog Army left the comfort of the bedroom and came to the kitchen gate with the usual woos and yips of delight.



2 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Nothing says it's time to wake up better than sounds in the kitchen, right? :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

They sure do look ready for breakfast!